CMEP advocates for Palestinian Christians. As the years pass without a peace agreement, lack of freedom of movement and deterioration of local economies drive Palestinian Christians to emigrate in large numbers. Through our supporters, CMEP consistantly brings Palestinian Christians' plight and hopes of peace to the attention of lawmakers and policy makers in Congress and the White House.
Some of CMEP's Advocacy Regarding Palestinian Christian Communities
- Heads of Denominations write to Secretary Clinton on plight of Palestinian Christians. Nineteen heads of denominations and organizations wrote to Secretary Clinton asking her to address several issues affecting Palestinian Christians. (May, 2009)
Learn more about Palestinian Christians
- Christians of the Holy Land from 60 Minutes (April 22, 2012) (video)
- Christians in the Holy Land from Religion and Ethics Newsweekly (July 29, 2011) (video)
- "Christian Palestinians: Israel 'manipulating facts' by claiming we are welcome" by Amira Haas in Haaretz (March 26, 2012)
- Palestinian Christians: Challenges and Hopes by Professor Bernard Sabella, Bethlehem Univeristy, Bethlehem, Palestine
- Palestinian Christians: Facts, Figures and Trends published by Diyar (a Palestinian Christian non-profit in Bethlehem, West Bank) (2008)
- Who are the Christians in the Middle East? a brief church overview
- "Turning Over a New Leaf: Evanglical Missions and the Orthodox Chuches of the Middle East" (Third Edition) St. Francis Magazine Nr. 5 (June 2006)
- [CMEP Bulletin] As Tensions Rise, Israeli Extremist Supports Burning Churches
- [CMEP Bulletin] Terror Attack on Palestinian Village
- [CMEP Bulletin] Netanyahu Gives In to Settler Pressure; Approves 800 Settlement Housing Units
- [CMEP Bulletin] Susiya is Safe, For Now
- [Action] Mr. President, end this conflict!