A Hope that Builds Bridges
by Elli Atchison, World Vision
While the Holy Land was again experiencing acts of violence and terror, a varied group of people gathered in a church in Orlando, Florida.
- men and women,
- people of color and whites,
- Christians, Muslims, and Jews,
- Americans, Israelis, and Palestinians,
- Pastors and an Imam,
- a CEO and unemployed,
- children and elderly,
- people from all walks of life,
- most of them strangers with only one thing in common
They were all seeking a word of HOPE for a land that is often characterized as hopeless.
This gathering was one of the final stops on a two-week “Hope for the Holy Land” tour that traveled across the United States, discussing what it means to be Pro-Israeli, Pro-Palestinian, Pro-Peace, Pro-Justice, and Pro-Jesus. The diverse group in Orlando all joined together in prayer before listening to the perspectives shared by the three keynote speakers. Read more