Hours: Part-time flexible hours. Washington, D.C. preferred, but a remote geographical location is possible. 5-8 hours/week or 20-32 hrs/month.
Pay: hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date: August 1, 2019
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Part-time accountant and bookkeeper who will:
- Manage the accounting for a small non-profit (budget ~500k) with designated funds. Including but not limited to:
- Input budget into QuickBooks
- Input and code deposits and expenses via checks, online credit card transactions, transfers, and other sources
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets
- Oversee weekly deposits
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
- Process payroll twice monthly
- Includes health care and housing costs
- Pay bills
- Create a system for accounts payable and receivable such as purchase orders with invoices, etc.
- Issue checks for accounts payable
- Review and analyze current financial operations procedures and make suggestions for more cost-effective and efficient processes for managing bookkeeping, payroll, bill pay, and other financial responsibilities
- Assist in Development and Grant activities. Including but not limited to:
- Grant funding and reporting
- Translate grant and operating budgets to project budgets
- Provide individual donation reporting
- Oversee annual audit and work with auditors to provide all relevant information
- If DC based, hours may include some office management responsibilities as well
Qualified applicants should have:
- Experience in non-profit fund accounting
- Experience working with development and fundraising professionals – including but not limited to grant funding and reporting
- Expertise with Excel, Quickbooks, and Paychex software
- Familiarity with Google Apps Suite – including Drive, Google Sheets, Hangouts video chat, and Gmail
- Skilled methods for effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, and external contacts via email, phone, video chat, and other internal communications systems
To Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. Include “bookkeeper application” in the subject line.