Churches for Middle East Peace (CMEP) partners with MEJDI tours to offer custom group travel to Israel, Palestine, and other destinations in the Middle East. Trips to the region offer pilgrimages and advocacy-oriented travel. While traveling in the Holy Land, trips provide the chance to hear multi-narrative perspectives through the use of two local guides, one Israeli and one Palestinian. They offer various perspectives on the history and current realities of the land.
- Itinerary building and consultation for group tours – let our experts help you plan a tour that includes visits to historical and holy sites, as well as meetings with the people who live and work for peace in the land.
- Invite a CMEP staff member to travel with you – based on availability, a CMEP staff member may be available to join and serve as a leader to help your group connect what they are seeing on the ground with tangible action steps to continue working for peace at home.
- CMEP-planned open tours – great for individuals or small groups (less than five) who want to travel. Individuals can purchase a spot on these trips without needing to plan an entire group tour.
- Opportunities for experts to meet with you and your church community for orientation and debrief meetings via video conference or in-person in order to be educated about theological considerations, the spiritual significance of the land, the current geopolitics of the region, and other areas of interest so that you and your community may be best prepared for your journey.
Who Should Travel with CMEP?
Anyone is welcome to travel on CMEP’s open tours. If you’d like to plan a custom group tour, here are some guidelines on the type of groups that best fit a CMEP-designed tour:
- Groups that include 15-45 people
- Trips that last between 8-20 days
- The desire to meet people who live in the land, Middle Eastern Christians, peace activists and others; and to explore beyond the standard itinerary for a trip to the Holy Land
- Plan to travel to the region within the next 10-24 months
Interested in planning travel with CMEP?
Please fill out this form and a member of the CMEP staff will reach out to you to discuss your trip!
Traveling to the region? Check out our recommended resources for preparation for travel to the Middle East.
For travel opportunities with CMEP’s Board denominations, visit Josh & Sally Vis’s site offering immersive tours of Israel and Palestine.
Travel Opportunity: In the Footsteps of Jesus: An Alternative Tour to Palestine and Israel, February 8-19
Travel Opportunity: 2019 Leadership Program in the Holy Land, March 25-April 8
Dedicated to providing customized itineraries for travel groups as diverse as our destinations, MEJDI Tours is full-service tour company-differentiating itself from the crowd through exclusive access, authentic experiences, extraordinary customer service, and much more – founded on the belief that tourism should be a vehicle for a more positive and interconnected world.
MEJDI-which translates to “honor” and “respect” in Arabic – was established to achieve one goal: change the face of tourism through a socially responsible business model that honors both clients and communities.
CMEP’s Executive Director, Rev. Dr. Mae Elise Cannon, serves as MEJDI’s Chief Advisor for Christian engagement. We are grateful for the constructive partnership between MEJDI and CMEP.