Churches for Middle East Peace (CMEP) Development Intern
Highly motivated individuals are encouraged to apply for CMEP’s Development Internship. Interns will gain hands-on experience and mentorship in development and fundraising in the context of a Christian-based nonprofit working for peace and justice in Israel/Palestine and the broader Middle East. This is a remote position and Interns should work an average of 40 hours a month, mostly during standard US East Coast business hours. (9 am – 5 pm, Monday-Friday). Interns will be required to provide their own computer and internet connection that has the ability to participate in video and conference calls.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, a 2-page writing sample, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the internship in the subject line of the email.
The Development intern will support the fundraising efforts of the organization in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: conducting prospect research, maintaining our donor database and producing data reports, meeting project-based needs as they arise, and offering day-to-day administrative support. The intern may also assist with event planning from start to finish.
The intern joining CMEP’s team will learn how a dynamic organization approaches digital and traditional fundraising, donor organizing and events, and will play a key role in supporting all aspects of the development program.
- Conduct research on individuals and foundations who may be potential supporters of CMEP
- Prepare written summaries of research findings for the Development Team and Executive Director
- Support donor communications, including correspondence and mailings
- Assist the Grants and Donors Teams with proofreading proposals, correspondence, reports, etc.
- Assist with CMEP’s fundraising events and special projects
- Assist with preparing and gathering materials for events
- Assist in managing and updating CMEP’s fundraising database and donor record keeping, and generating data reports
- Handle confidential information with integrity and discretion
- Attend lectures, events, and webinars and report on key takeaways to staff
- Provide general administrative support as needed
- Excellent verbal and written English language abilities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational and administrative skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated and proactive
- Tact and maturity required to interact with supporters
- Experience conducting research and writing summaries on findings
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Proficient computer skills (especially with Microsoft Office and Google Apps — Drive, Calendar, Docs)
- Experience with a Client Relationship Manager (CRM) – Salsa CRM/Engage preferred – data reporting, and Basecamp a plus
- Knowledge and interest in Christian social justice activities, Israel/Palestine and the Middle East a plus
Stipend: $600/month Contract
Deadline to Apply: April 15, 2021
Duration: 9-12 months, Ideally including both December 2021 and January 2022.