Frequently Asked Questions
Details about the schedule, including when the doors open, are available at this link.
What is the dress code?
For Sunday and Monday, our participants typically dress business casual. If you are participating in advocacy day on Tuesday, Business Professional is appropriate.
Where is the event?
We will use different venues, one for Sunday and Monday and places on or near Capitol Hill for Tuesday.
Sunday, Monday – Northwest DC
900 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
Tuesday – Capitol Hill
212 East Capitol St NE, Washington, DC 20003
Afternoon: various offices on Capitol Hill
Closing Ceremony: National Mall – grass and gravel area closest to the Capitol Building.
How do I get there?
Directions and Accessibility Notes for Sunday and Monday Venue: Mt. Vernon Place United Methodist Church
Parking is difficult and often expensive in DC. We do not recommend driving. If you would like to request a parking space for accessibility reasons, please contact email@example.com and we will help you work with the venue locations to make this request. Space availability is not guaranteed.
Where should I stay?
We do not have a “conference hotel” – but options are plentiful in D.C.! If you’d like to stay further out, the venues are easily accessible via public transportation and taxis and ride-share services are plentiful. You’ll find more options for lodging close to the Sunday/Monday venue in the Northwest rather than close to Capitol Hill and the Tuesday Venue.
The map below offers a few options in the Northwest. CMEP does not endorse any of these in particular.
Some budget friendly and/or hostel style options are:
- International Guest House (Mennonites)
- William Penn House (Quakers)
- Sunday evening:
- There will be no food or coffee provided for the Sunday evening opening session. See a map of restaurants near the venue below.
- Coffee and light snacks will be available throughout the day.
- You can pre-order a boxed lunch to be picked up at the venue Monday afternoon or you can use the 90 minute lunch break to eat a restaurant nearby. Order by June 15th at this link.
- Dinner on your own.
- See a map of restaurants near the venue below.
Sunday and Monday Nearby Restaurants:
- Coffee and light snacks will be available in the morning.
- You can pre-order a boxed lunch to be picked up at the venue Tuesday afternoon. Order by June 15th at this link.
- Other options for lunch on Tuesday include the cafeterias on capitol hill. Click to download a PDF of a list of Capitol Hill Eateries and a map of the Capitol Hill area.
- Dinner on your own.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summit Question!” in the subject line.