Are you interested in joining the exciting, fast-paced and friendly work at the CMEP office on Capitol Hill? Here’s some information you need to know.
CMEP seeks inquisitive, independent, and enthusiastic interns interested in working for peace regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through supporting and equipping grassroots advocacy and education. Interns are essential to our work and receive great learning and mentoring opportunities during their service.
While building research expertise and developing skills intern will be part of CMEP’s work to encourage US government policies that actively promote a just, lasting, and comprehensive resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Interns must be willing to support CMEP's current positions. Go here to read CMEP's policy positions.
CMEP is a relaxed office environment in Washington, DC, and is accessible by public transportation. No parking is available.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide research support for legislative activities and publications or provide support for grassroots activities and publications
- As team member, develop and implement campaign tactics to engage new grassroots advocates
- Post on CMEP’s Facebook page to increase engagement with supporters, and cross-post content among CMEP platforms
- Develop resource for online distribution; promoting and distribution resource
- Contribute to and support advocacy conference/regional event planning (seasonal)
- Contribute to office activities which includes: mailing, copying, faxing, data entry, filing
- Attend Congressional briefings and other events related to Middle East issues and policy
- Contribute to and support advocacy conference planning (seasonal)
- Provide legislative support for grassroots activities
- Update media, congressional and member contact lists
- Resourceful, hardworking and organized college or graduate students with excellent communication, and good writing and editing skills.
- Web research, proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel are necessary.
- Online competency with blogs, online social networks such as Facebook, YouTube and other applications and platforms is extremely useful.
- Familiarity with/ability to learn basic Drupal. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential.
- Must be deadline-oriented, able to work as part of a team and committed to Churches for Middle East Peace’s goals.
- Knowledgeable in Palestinian/Israeli situation preferred. Willingness to learn more is essential.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to work independently and committed to Churches for Middle East Peace’s goals.
- Background in Middle East issues essential for some internship positions.
CMEP accepts interns on a semester basis (fall and spring) as well as during the summer. Working hours for interns are during CMEP’s offices hours which are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Interns work a flexible 15-20+ hours per week. A small stipend may be provided.
To Be Considered
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Therefore, CMEP may offer positions before the submission deadline. As such, interested applicants are encouraged to apply well before the deadline. Email email@example.com a cover letter, brief writing sample (no more than 3 pages) and resume to us. Be sure to include your desired beginning and end dates, and number of hours you may be able to work in a given week.